M, b. 27 May 1872, d. 1958
was born on 27 May 1872 at St Patrice-de-Beaurivage, Québec, Canada
He was baptized Jean Christome Flamand on 27 May 1872 at St-Patrice-de-Beaurivage, Québec, Canada
He married Octavie Demers
on 19 June 1893 at Toledo, Ohio, USA
Christome Flamand invented a machine in 1914 that recorded the hours worked and automatically calculated the wage earned. This invention was patented in Toledo in 1914 but the Great War delayed the start of production. The lack of capital forced its inventor to waive its implementation and marketing.5
He was the victim of a home invasion and was admitted to Jeffery Hale hospital with a broken jaw and multiple head and body injuries. He had been battered insensible from blows from rifle.6
He died in 1958.7
He was buried in 1958 at St-Patrice-de-Beaurivage, Québec, Canada
- [S96] Berlin Reporter, 2 December 1948, Names of brothers listed in Georgiana Flamand Obituary.
- [S336] Christome Flamand baptism, Jean Chiristome Flamand Baptism, 27 May 1872.
- [S689] Flamand_C_Demers_O_M: Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-2013," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XZLG-619 : accessed 6 August 2015), Chrysostome Flamand Or Flamond and Octavie Demers, 19 Jun 1893; citing Lucas, Ohio, United States, reference p 5 # 1; county courthouses, Ohio; FHL microfilm 912,942., County Registration no. un-numbered page 206, Christome Flamand and Octavie Demers.
- [S482] David Flamand, "David Flamand e-Mail," e-mail to Paul Gilbert, 28 March 2012, Christome Flamand wife identified by Jeannette Flamand Gravelin.
- [S690] L'Imprimerie Dorchester Inc, St-Patrice de Baurivage Centenial, St-Patrice de Beauravage 1871-1971 Page 422 paragraph Deux Inventeurs.
- [S556] Quebec Chronicle Telegraph, 14 Oct 1957, Page 2, http://news.google.com/newspapers
- [S483] Christome Flamand Headsone, unknown repository, unknown repository address.